Call for Participants – CVET/Adult Trainers: Free Train-the-Trainers Course for the Sustainable Agricultural Sector in Slovenia
Are you a C-VET or adult trainer willing to:
- Support the sustainable transformation of the farmers and of the agricultural sector?
- Upskill or reskill and develop awareness to deliver training courses to farmers in blended-learning format, by utilising the Farm4SD results?
- Exchange ideas, best practices and knowledge in the fields of the pillars of sustainable agriculture, entrepreneurship, softs’ skills development?
- Develop your network by cooperating with C-VET/Adult educators from Belgium, Germany, Polland, Slovenia and Greece?
Then, PI4SD through the Erasmus+ project Farm4SD – Small and Medium Farm Holders as Agents of Sustainable Change in Agriculture and Society, gives you the opportunity to participate in a 3-day, free-of-charge, Train-the-Trainers Course (LTTA) in Slovenia.
The Farm4SD Project
Farm4SD aims at developing a holistic, innovative and inclusive approach to farmers’ and especially to medium and small farm holders’ training, on the pillars of sustainable agriculture – The Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development, EU Green Deal, From Farm to Fork and Biodiversity Strategies and the new CAP – combined with entrepreneurial and soft skills, so as farmers and C-VET educators to upskill and reskill, in order to become true factors of change and contribute to environmental protection, to the sustainable growth of our planet and to rural development.
Training Course’s Structure & Schedule
This Train-the-Trainers programme, which will be offered in English, stresses the significance of working with non-traditional, participatory, and self-directed learning resources and of exploiting digital learning environments, as well as alternative C-VET methodologies and qualifications’ recognition and validation approaches – the ECTS and Micro-credentials – appropriate for a successful intervention focused on the needs of farmers.
This training course comprises 3 elements, that are going to take place as follows:
- 5-hour introductory workshop that will be held in Thessaloniki, in-person or by distance, as a preparation for the transnational training event in Naklo, Slovenia: it will be implemented at the end of August 2023.
- 20-hour face-to-face transnational training event in Naklo Slovenia: a 3-day workshop, implemented from the 19th to 21st of September 2023 (18 and 22 September will be the arrival and departure days)
- 15 hours of self-directed online learning, which will be delivered and supported by the Farm4SD Multifunctional and Interactive Platform: self-paced learning implemented after the end of the transnational training event, in October 2023.
- Farm4SD Multifunctional and Interactive Platform.
Training Course’s Topics
During this free 3-day in-person training workshop, which is provided in English and is based on the learning-by-doing training method, the following topics will be covered:
- Μodule 1: The sustainability pillars of the agricultural sector
- Module 2: Entrepreneurship and funding opportunities for the agricultural sector
- Module 3: How to be a good C-VET educator for the “Sustainable Farmer”
- Module 4: Advanced C-VET and qualification validation methods
Furthermore, participants will have access to additional learning resources through the website of Farm4SD’s project, that will support their deeper knowledge of the above-mentioned disciplines.
The Role of Participants in this Training Event
Participants will act mainly as trainees. But, they are going to deliver a 1-hour workshop, based on the material produced by PI4SD for the Train-the-Trainers Programme. More specifically, the topics covered by this training material are included in Module 2 and are:
- Sustainable Financial Management of an agribusiness & Funding opportunities
- Critical Soft Skills for Entrepreneurship
They will be prepared to act as trainers, through the Introductory Workshop that is going to take place prior to the training event in Slovenia.
After the end of the training course, participants will receive a Europass Certification, based on the European instrument “European Digital Credentials for Learning”, which follows the micro-credentials approach to qualification validation.
The LTTA will take place in Naklo, Slovenia. The host organisation is the BC-Naklo,
Free of charge.
Travel expenses, accommodation and meals are covered by the project´s funding.
For further information, please contact by the 30th of June 2023, Mrs Dimitra Zervaki:
- Εmail: email@example.com,
- Τ +30 6944 711712